About the Permanent Endowment Fund
The Permanent Endowment Fund was established to provide members and friends the opportunity to make charitable gifts to Adel United Methodist Church, that will become a permanent endowment for financial support and a living memorial.
These funds are to be used for special projects supporting the church related to the areas of: worship, fellowship, local outreach, education and missions. In some instances, facilities.
The Permanent Endowment Fund Committee was formed, with the purpose of distributing funds from the Permanent Endowment Fund.
How to Apply & Eligibility
- Application Deadline (Close Date): March 1, 2018
- Award Notification: No later than April 15, 2018
- Final Report Due: 30 days after project completion or Dec. 1, 2018
Granting Policies Please note these non-negotiable policies before submitting a proposal:
- Consideration will be made for one-year projects
- Grantee will work with our Treasurer regarding expenditures and reimbursements
- Grantee will be required to submit a final report
- The amount of grant funds awarded each year varies
- Whether or not an individual or project has received a grant in the past does not guarantee funding in subsequent years.
- Funding of projects will depend on the nature of the application, nature of other applications, and funds available for distribution.
Youth Mission Trip – Summer 2018
Our youth are going on a mission trip this summer! In order to raise money, this fun activity will begin January 31 and go through April.
You’ve been FLAMINGOED! Please call the church office to find out more about “booking your flamingos” or purchasing “flamingo insurance.”
Our Caring Ministry offers the opportunity for our congregation to be involved in making and delivering symbols of love.
We pray for people in our church family and in the community in times of need.
We provide meals, notes or cards, prayer shawls, prayer fleece lap blankets, baby quilts, and friendly visits or phone calls.
The Adel Ministerial Association is always grateful for the contributions of members in our community. The Association is made up of all the Adel churches and it does the best it can to help those who are experiencing financial crisis.
The Association has provided stranded persons bus tickets home to their loved ones. We have helped people with their fuel expense to get to doctor appointments and jobs.We have helped with rental assistance, energy bill assistance, and medical emergencies. With your continued consideration we can keep assisting our friends and neighbors in the ADM school district with their basic, necessary obligations.
You can mail a contribution to Adel UMC, 115 S. 10th St, Adel, IA 50003 clearly marked Ministerial Fund. Thank you in advance for your contribution.
If you have questions please speak to Pastor John for more details, as he is the co-treasurer of the AMA.